HAZEMAG’s ability to offer bespoke solutions and deliver a custom-designed product was key to this latest commission for managing product size of the outfeed at a salt storage facility.
In the 80m x 40m salt shed, a wheel loader is used to transfer stored salt into feed bunkers that are centrally-located down the length of the building. The bunkers are situated above a coarse grating that’s built into the floor and, to minimise the wheel loader’s travel distance, and because several different qualities of salt are stored at the facility, transfer points are located approximately every 8 metres.
Salt passing through the grating drops onto an underfloor conveyor, but the frequent incidence of salt conglomerates, too large to pass easily through the grating, was creating a problem for the customer. Employing the loader to help break up the oversized salt conglomerates is, at best, inefficient, as well as time consuming and costly.
In addition to the key task of reducing the salt conglomerates to <180mm, and operating at a capacity of 250 tph, installation of the new HAZEMAG Feeder Breaker had to satisfy a number of secondary requirements:
- Compact Machine Size: the crusher will, at times, be parked outside the shed which has a restrictive entrance width and height of 2.3m x 4.2m, as well as a 5m long, 20% safety ramp to navigate at both entry and exit.
- Feed Bunker Size: minimum capacity of 10m³ and 2.5m maximum height.
- Mobility: a minimum clearance of 2300mm required between wheels or chassis to allow the crusher to move between, and be positioned over, the various transfer points.
- Integrated Electrical Installation: on-board, dust-tight, stainless-steel cabinet, including operating elements.
- Corrosion Protection: fabricated specifically for use in salty environments.
The new HAZEMAG Feeder Breaker takes all our customer’s requirements into account: the design of the feed bunker allows material to be fed in from both sides, while the control cabinet remains easily accessible to operating personnel, and the chain conveyor and crushing roll are perfectly matched to ensure the desired product size.
This semi-mobile, wheeled variant, which can be relocated quickly and easily with a wheel loader is, from an economical perspective, much more attractive than a costly crawler undercarriage option, and the compact design allows it to pass through the entrance gate and traverse the ramp without a problem.
With minimal dismantling, the crusher will shortly begin its journey to our customer’s facility and be operational within 2 days of its arrival on site.